A broken tooth is a common dental issue that fills most people with dread, especially when the crack is near the front of the mouth. Front teeth fractures are quite common among children, teenagers, and young adults. Fortunately, a dentist can recommend various repair or replacement options for damaged front teeth to help patients resume…
A Kid-Friendly Dentist Can Teach Your Child Healthy Habits
A kid-friendly dentist is a commonly unknown yet invaluable tool for parents. Teaching your child to develop healthy habits can be tiring, which is where a kid-friendly dentist excels. The best method is to know that instilling good routines in your child should start early because of its impact on their dental health.
Many parents do not take dental health seriously until their kids start erupting permanent teeth. This is not right. Oral hygiene habits should start before the first eruption of baby teeth. Studies have shown that children’s minds are more responsive in their first year, which is why it is essential to teach the best habits possible in that period.
One thing many parents desire is for their children to make proper oral hygiene their second nature, but they may not be aware of how to effectively teach those habits. Fortunately, a kid-friendly dentist can assist in teaching these habits to make the process much easier.
Methods for teaching proper oral health habits to children
The following are convenient ways to inculcate good habits into your children that they will practice for a lifetime:
- Dental chart: A dental chart is an excellent method of continually reminding your children of the procedures they can take regarding their oral practices. This includes checking magazines for pictures that illustrate each phase of the oral hygiene routine and compiling the images to create a chart
- Informative TV shows: If your children are allowed to watch TV, then you can find channels or programs that teach healthy habits such as brushing and flossing the teeth
- Involve the child: Engagement and involvement are the core aspects of learning and retention. Therefore, simple actions like accompanying your children to the store and allowing them to choose their oral hygiene items such as toothpaste and toothbrushes is an excellent way to put them on the oral health path
- Inform them of the health risks: Children should understand the consequences of not actively and properly caring for their teeth. This means teaching them the causes of oral health issues such as gum diseases, cavities and tooth loss
- Become the role model: Children learn easily through imitation. This means that parents can easily help their children develop oral health habits if they have the same routines
- Teach the correct methods: After teaching the children about the importance of practicing excellent oral hygiene, it is also vital to teach them the correct techniques of brushing and flossing
Start their dental visits early
The perfect way to help your child develop good oral habits is to introduce them to the kid-friendly dentist as early as their first tooth eruption and no later than two years of age. This helps allow the dentist to form a relationship with your child to make them comfortable and ensures that the child’s dental development is constantly under expert care.
To be confident that your little one is set on the proper path to a problem-free future with excellent oral habits, you need to stay in touch with a kid-friendly dentist for professional care and guidance.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
For many people, dental implants can be a permanent solution for dealing with lost or damaged teeth. This type of treatment is designed to last a lifetime. Once it is complete and healed, patients can enjoy a more beautiful smile without having to worry about any dietary changes, difficult home care, or unnatural-looking teeth.Dental implants…
Whether you are missing one tooth or multiple ones, you may be thinking about getting dental implants. Implants are popular due to multiple reasons, including their functionality. However, getting implants is not a quick and easy process. Before jumping in, you should research what it entails and know what to expect.Implants have numerous advantages over…
There are multiple denture options if you are looking to replace missing teeth. These solutions can help prevent many unwanted side effects of tooth loss, leading to better oral and overall health.The loss of permanent teeth can happen for various reasons, from severe tooth decay and gum disease to traumatic injuries or underlying health conditions.…